Thursday 12 January 2012

update : brooches

Been working on brooches this past week, and I'm finally starting to see some progress and improvements on them. The first few (unfortunate) ones were so horribly deformed and ugly that I felt inclined to smash them to smithereens and bury them in the garden. Lest anyone sees them and pukes all over my crafting desk. 

Anyway, most of the brooches are in the shapes of animals, and I originally wanted to paint them in their natural colors. Sadly, I'm not a great artist. And needless to say, the brooches were a failure. They looked no different from ordinary tourist fridge magnets. Eek. 

After some thought, I decided to color them with some pop/artsy colors, and make them into pop/artsy brooches. That was much much better, but there's still room for improvement. Lots of room. 

While the brooches won't be making an appearance in the shop soon (you might puke all over your computer, and I'm pretty sure the warranty doesn't cover that), I've got a new bunch of cards coming up soon for Valentine's Day! :-)

Oh, and I've just designed the handmade muslin drawstring bags with the shop logo, will show you the pics soon! Utterly in love with them. So cute!

Enjoy the weekend!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message